Sunday, February 18, 2007

A Funny Thing Happened....

I went to see Melissa Oswald in a play last night called "A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum." It was absolutely hilarious. Waldorf's website describes it like this:

"A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" by Stephen Sondheim, Burt Shevelove, and Larry Gelbart, is a musical comedy about the trials and tribulations of a slave, Pseudolus as he schemes to find a way to earn his freedom. Filled with chases, courtesans, soldiers, and a gallery of off-the-wall characters, "Forum" is a slapstick loaded, hilarious musical comedy that will entertain and amuse everyone who knows how to laugh. With such familiar numbers as "Comedy Tonight," and "Everybody Ought to Have a Maid," the show boldly proclaims, "we shall employ every device we know in our desire to divert you."

On that note, I'm really bored. I stayed out at Oswald's last night, and I was up all night playing Black Hawk Down with Tommy, Andrew, and Branden. I think I fell asleep for good at about 6:30 or so. Good times....

1 comments:

Janet said...

I have always heard good things about that play, but I have yet to see it.