Thursday, December 13, 2007

My nightime, sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, fever, best sleep I ever got with a cold...medicine

Oh how I wish I had liquid Nyquil right now. I would love to be able to sleep, but this cough is keeping me up. Thankfully I have some homework to kill some time.

Council was a good time tonight. The pre-meeting meeting for youth reps was really just randomness, but it proved that we've got things fairly well in order.

Speaking of TEC, I showed up to school on Monday to a flurry of angry voices. Everyone was pretty upset at me for giving up One Act this year to serve at TEC. One of my good friends tried to give me a "You don't understand! We don't have enough guys!" speech, and I couldn't bring myself to give her my "You don't understand. I have priorities" speech. So I decided instead to ask her if she wanted me to apologize for putting service for God above One Act on my priorities. She said yes, and I told her, "That's too bad." There were two comments about my decision that kind of bothered me. The first one was meant to be sarcastic, but I just couldn't take it that way; "Aaron, is this thing just a cult that's taken over your mind so much that you won't even be in One Act?" The other one came from someone I have a lot of respect for, but they really shocked me when they said, "Oh, he just lives for TEC." I wish the potential Candidates from my school wouldn't be in One Act this year. Sometimes I feel like nobody I hang out with from school understands that it was this ministry that took all the masks I used to wear and tore them to shreds, burned them with that fire of Christ that was put inside of me.

I'm sick. I don't know what else to say. I wish I knew how to explain all this to them, but I know it won't happen. Yes, they're Christians, but I don't see many of them who have open enough minds to understand how important it is for me to go back and serve Christ at TEC just like I try to do in my everyday life.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Wow Aaron! I seriously get what your saying here, and I hope I was not one of them who said anything to you about this. Since I'm not in One Act I don't think I did. *cringes* Anyways, since I feel like appologizing for any and all I will for this because I feel moved and it feels really close to my heart about people shunning you for priorities and people seeming like hippocrates. So I'm sorry for not standing up for you, and if I see anything like this again, I will say something.

Anyhow on lighter note, I think it's very funny and kind of creepy that I'm reading your diary! LOL <3333

-Amy