Monday, October 01, 2007

Amazing....simply amazing....

This post is a day late, but only due to the fact that I fell asleep after I got home from the meeting.

I have to say, I am thrilled with how things went at the first meeting. God definitely put this team together quite well (by the looks of it so far), and I especially felt that Hannah and I were meant to lead together. The two talks were both awesome. Kelly never ceases to amaze me, and I'm so proud of Emily for being so strong. Tim wouldn't be too thrilled with the choice of songs for the first two talks, but he won't be there so his opinion is belittled.

[Adam, this is the part I was talking about. It ends with the quotes.] When Hannah and I introduced the theme, she ended up going on a little rant about it and she got so emotional and into it that the whole time I was just thinking, "Wow, this verse and this theme are perfect." She and I had a good time team-hunting when they all broke off into rooms to have some team time before the first talk. It ended up with a dance lesson where I tried to teach her the dance to "Crank That" (woot for Soulja Boy).

The most amazing experience involving this TEC happened to me tonight. I came home after work to pick up my checkbook and go back to Blue Earth to get gas (it went down 7 cents today). On the way back, I stopped at Tommy's to help him with some music he was putting on his computer. In the two miles from his house to mine, I decided to kind of pray about the weekend and recite the verse again. Just as I finished saying "but the darkness has not understood it," I saw a bright light at the top of my windshield. When I looked up, I saw the biggest, brightest, shooting star I've ever seen. Talk about prophetic! It was just beautiful with it's light blue tint, and I had to call Hannah and tell her about it. God works in mysterious ways, but I love them.


TEC 69 theme: On Fire for Christ
Verse: John 1:4-5 "In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it."

4 comments:

uncle tim said...

let me guess...the first two talks are "Who Am I"...and

"Who Am I?" Well, at least it's that way at most weekends.

Seriously though, if there's one guy I wish I could watch lead kids on the weekend of their lives, it's Bauer. Show 'em your Jesus man.

The Giesenator said...

one guy you wish you could watch, because you already got to watch me... right? :-)

uncle tim said...

err...umm...yeah....
C'mon, Giesen!!! Why you gotta steal his thunder?!

A. Bauer said...

Cody isn't much of an icon at TEC anymore since nobody knows him so I'm not really in his shadow anymore, and that's why Nate's a thunder stealer.

You're kind of heading in the right direction with the songs there Tim, but not quite....