Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekenders

It's here. It's gone. Let's recap.

Saturday was the big day. It was the 2nd annual trip to Valleyscare for a select group. Last year this group included Janet, Nate, Laura, Mariah, and myself, and this year was the same minus Janet. We had a coupon for some discounted tickets, and we were in line to buy them when I saw this lady pointing at me. It kind of worried me, especially when the guy she was with started walking toward us. Turns out it was actually karma on our side. He was offering us four free admission tickets, and we saw it as a "give and you shall receive" sign seeing as we gave away an extra ticket last year. Oddly enough, we never saw him while we were in the park.

We had a good time riding rides and such, and we definitely made Mariah go first through the CarnEvil attraction because she's afraid of clowns. While we were in line for The Asylum, I heard Nate look out say, "Is that Joel?" When I turned around and looked my first thought was, "TIM!" (sorry Joel). Tim, Joel, their significant others, and a couple of people I didn't know where at Valleyscare that day too, and we ended up chatting with them a while later. Tim even took our group picture (last year Steve Jacobson did it for us, so I think we always have to find someone we know to do it). Oddly enough, I knew someone who was in line for The Asylum at the same time as us too. He's a kid whose locker is just two away from mine at school.

It was a great time, and I definitely think this is going to be a continued tradition. And for anyone who plans on going to Valleyfair either later this month or next season, be sure to ride Renegade. It had a 52 mph constant speed, and it's such a rush. If you can help it, ride it at night when you can hardly see the track. It's amazing!


Sunday marked the final team meeting for TEC 69. We lost a Support member, so that was the first stress of the day, but I know God will work that all out. I'm just so excited about the weekend being this Thursday already. I know there's some last-minute things that are very important to get done (can you say "commissioning"?), but it'll be fine. It's harder for me to get things done for school right now than it is to get things done for TEC.

2 comments:

Joel said...

It's always funky when you see people you know in random places. Especially anywhere near an area with a few million people. Weird.

Those 2 people you didn't know were Tom and Katie Marlin, good friends of ours, and also previous TEC-ies (but not yet as adults).

The haunted houses were pretty good, and my wife screamed rather loudly on a few occasions. The Renegade is a sweet ride. Riding in the front in the dark is definitely the way to go. Though I'd have to say that the Steel Venom is my favorite ride there. Wild Thing and The XTreme Swing also rank rather high.

I'm rather excited for the TEC weekend. I'm sure it'll be amazing.

Anyway, this isn't my blog, so I should probably shut up now. :)

Mac Man said...

Saturday was great fun. Our group didn't go through the Asylum because it always had a really long line, and we wanted to get in as much of the other stuff as possible.

And shortly after taking your picture, it dawned on me that I should have had you guys take our picture as well. And then, of course, we didn't see you again... :-(