Monday, November 19, 2007

My Lost Week

I feel this blog is appropriately titled for a couple of reasons. The first being that most of you probably haven't heard from me since last Sunday. The second reason is because the whole week was kind of a blur for me. I'll go day by day, just to waste both my time and yours.

Monday
I didn't have to work, but we had our first dress rehearsal for the play. It went fairly well, but the show still wasn't what we wanted it to be. Not much else happened that I can think of.

Tuesday
This was the day of our matinee performance for the 5th and 6th graders. Much like our dress rehearsal, it went fairly well. Afterwards, we had a question and answer session with the kids, and they liked asking about how people had died in the play. They asked how Simon Stimson (the town drunk) died, and we all finally realized that it says in the show that he hung himself in his attic. Crazy stuff. I didn't have to work on Tuesday either! That gave me a chance to go on a "date" with my good friend Bethany. Where did we go? Why, to the NRHEG (it's one word) choir concert of course! It was very good, and I decided the girls definitely carry their choir. Mariah had been trying to get Mr. Rud to let them do "Seasons of Love" ever since she started high school, and he finally let it happen. There was, of course, the stipulation that she had to sing it. She sounded great singing soprano (she's an alto), and Bethany and I succeeded in embarrassing her with a tactic I learned from my brother. At my musical last year, Cody showed up in a suit, and I didn't want to claim him. So Bethany and I dressed up hardcore for the choir concert, and Mariah laughed and shook her head at us when she saw us.

Wednesday
One of my favorite days of the school year! It was time to give blood, and I was very excited. Word on the street is my time was just over 6 minutes this time, which is the longest I've taken in 3 times giving blood. I kind of just left the class I was in (during a test) when the runners came to get me for my appointment, and my teacher thought I had gone to the bathroom. He was making a girl wait until I got back before she could go, and it wasn't until the last few minutes of class that someone mentioned that I went to give blood. We had our last run-through of the play before our first show, and it was still quite choppy, but at least I didn't have to work. I also decided to start learning some Hebrew, which is fairly exciting. I wanted to learn a little now so I have a grasp on it when I go off to college and take it as a foreign langauge.

Thursday
The big night. Our opening night for the play. It went fairly smoothly with one a few missed lines, but the most disheartening part was when we saw our choir director putting up the side walls to block off about half the seats in the auditorium. That meant there wouldn't be many people at the show. It didn't seem like everyone understood it when they were shaking our hands afterwards either. Oh well. At least I got to see amazing people like Kati, Amy, Ruby, and Mariah.

Friday
The second (and thankfully last) night of our show went a little better, but we're all glad to be done with it. The main problem wasn't the play itself ("Our Town" is a great play), but it was the fact that we cut out so many little peripheral things that made the play what it was. All in all, I'm just ready for One-Act, and hopefully we don't have the same issues with casting that a lot of us felt we had for the fall show.

Saturday
My first day back at work. It was a pretty good shift, and not too terribly busy. Not much else to say about the day that I can think of.

Sunday
Oh my goodness was work perfect! There were 4 people scheduled instead of 3 for some reason, so after I learned how to clean the bathrooms (which is super easy and not pain-staking at all) I was able to go home! Instead of a 2-9 shift, I worked until 6. I hung out at Tommy's for a while before heading back to Blue Earth. I ended up talking to Bethany and Jen for a while at Bethany's house, then Jen left so I talked to Bethany and Ashley. Eventually I went into Amanda's room to see the disturbing poster over her bed, and she screamed at us for going in there when she was downstairs. That's when I left.

I haven't done any homework yet this weekend, so I should work on that. Goodnight!

0 comments: