Thursday, November 29, 2007

My Quick, Uninteresting Thoughts

Just for the record, Scrubs did not air a new episode on Thanksgiving day, and I was truly disheartened. Moving on...

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I thought mine would be slightly awkward. My friend Bethany (who is officially labeled my "best friend born on April 16, 1990 at 7:17 pm") and her family invited me to spend Thanksgiving at their house. This was because my mom and her boyfriend went up to my grandparents' house, and I stayed home due to working on Wednesday and Friday. I ended up eating a great meal at Bethany's, and it wasn't too awkward except for when her brother decided to randomly leave; he came back with his computer because there had been a debate over the appropriate way to pass food around the table, and he was looking up the correct way. It also got a little awkward when a debate on abortion started, and Bethany's brother-in-law asked me my opinion. I nonchalantly said I was pro-life, and he said, "Kind of a tough decision though, huh?" My response: "Um...no...pretty easy decision."

I have a lot of essay-like work to do these days. My research paper for challenge government is due before Christmas break (otherwise it's worth a B- at best), we're working on a cause/effect paper for American lit, and I still have to peg out my "essay" for the Peale Scholarship.

On the American lit side of things, my teacher knows me all too well. We're working on a short story unit, and the group she put me in was assigned to read a selection from Night by Elie Wiesel. I love that book, and I'm actually already prepared to give our presentation next week (and we haven't even started working on it).

What it all boils down to is this: I learned how to make a collared shirt out of a dollar bill.

Back to homework....

4 comments:

Mac Man said...

Dollar bill shirt, huh? Sweet. I have actually had two money shirts in my billfold (not $1 though) behind my driver's license since I went to college (7 years now).

It was one of those advice-from-Dad things, along with keeping band-aids in my wallet at all times. It's emergency money, in case I'm stranded or need money, and I don't have any. Bam, out comes the emergency cash.

I started folding them into the collared money shirts to make it less likely that I'd spend my emergency cash for non-emergencies. I folded one the normal way, and one flipped over so it has the other side on it.

Just thought that would make your day...

Mac Man said...

Mistyped. I still "have" them in there to this day, not "had" as if they were gone. I take them out and we have a 3 person chat every once in awhile.

A. Bauer said...

Behind your license eh?....Interesting....

Joel said...

One of my coworkers has a dollar bill shirt hanging in her cubicle. Funky.

I'll have to remember this new bit of information next time I see Tim's wallet.