Monday, July 24, 2006

Mody Beiter for life!

TEC 64 will now be known to me as two different things:
1) Seeing a good friend really grow spiritually for the first time
2) My first true Mody Beiter experience

At TEC 62, I made many appearances and all, but it wasn't anything like this time. On Friday, I went to Ben's talk. I love that kid to death. He's so energetic that I can't help but have energy when I'm around him. After the talk, I went to Matt's for the night, but not before we checked on the pictures at Wal-Mart. Of course, something went wrong and they weren't in the one-hour. We decided to check again in the morning.

On Saturday morning, we woke up and headed back to Austin for Jackie's talk. We checked Wal-Mart quickly, and the pictures still weren't done. After Jackie's talk, Matt, Levi, and I went back to Albert Lea. Greg had resent the picture order, and they were ready to pick up. I learned a fun fact about Levi's house while we were there: it is impossible to find! On our way back to the church, Dean called us and asked if we took Kyree's stereo. Of course, we wouldn't take our shenanigans that far. We noticed her door was unlocked the day before, and we chose her for our weekend target, but we definitely didn't take her stereo. Then we went to Betsy's talk. I wasn't an actual guest, but I sat by the door for it (I apologize for that, but at least I wasn't in anyone's way). The next thing I can remember is walking upstairs and having people ask if I took someone's car. Again, our shenanigans don't go that far.

Agape was incredible! I got to see how Shayla was doing, and she was crying instead of me. I also learned something else there: never stand next to Ben Hoogland at Agape! He likes to cause trouble.

After Agape, we all went on our traditional trip to Perkins. It was a good time, but we had to go back to the church because A) Matt forgot his sandals, and B) we had unfinished business.

Since Kyree was out of the picture for this weekend, we chose a new victim at Perkins. Who was that victim? Nate, of course. His truck looks beautiful draped in high-quality industrial saran wrap!

The back of Nate's truck...with a great message!1) Ben will be President someday...and 2) "I can get Mody Beiter" turned into "I got Mody BeiteredMmm...saran wrap...

We also decided to honor the fact that we promised not to get Bob's car by just leaving her a little present on the windshield. It's too bad she came out of the dance for some air while we were standing by it.
I think it's very attractive...

We wrapped Kimmy's car a couple of times around, and then we did the same for Curtis. We wanted to be able to say we got the TEC trailer, so we slipped a small piece over part of the hitch. Our last big project was started by Bob (even though she likes to deny it). It happened to be the Reiter van. I wish I would've taken pictures, but Dean came outside and chased us around like he was actually mad.

As we left the church, a cop passed by us and turned around. After I pulled over and he went past me, I thought he was going for Matt. Lo and behold, he passed by Matt too. The night was a blast, with or without Nate supposedly watching us wrap his truck.

Today was the least coordinated closing service I've ever seen. It was still great, and Matt and I almost screamed for Bob as loud as we could. We were close. I also got my part of the revenge from Nate in small-scale. I had left clothes at the church on Saturday, and Nate decided to duct tape them into a ball before he gave them back.

That was my weekend. It was a blast, and I don't see how it could've been better (other than the theft situations). My application for 65 will officially be in the mail tomorrow.

TEC 64 MODY BEITER TEAM (plus Bob)
SERVING GOD THROUGH SARAN WRAP SINCE 2005

5 comments:

The Giesenator said...

i have said it once, and i will say it again.. Giesenbauer Inc. "But Our Shenanigans are Cheeky and Fun"

uncle tim said...

Sounds like I missed a good time...not that I would have associated with or participated in such immature shenanigans.

j said...

I love you guys. You forgot to mention that YOUR car got wrapped while Old Man Reiter was chasing you down.

A. Bauer said...

It's true. Tommy thought he would be funny and put a layer around my car. Only problem was that I was his ride home.

A. Bauer said...

I was happier than anything when Betsy said her parents were going to make it. I would've felt bad for her if they couldn't.

Which picture would that be anyway? If it's the MB group picture, we took that one with many different cameras.