Wednesday, July 26, 2006

This is the sound of me wanting to puke....

I know what you're thinking. "What is Aaron Bauer doing awake at 5:22 in the morning?" I'll answer by saying this: I'm posting a blog, of course...I thought it was obvious since that's the timestamp on this post.

I've never been anything close to a long-distance runner. The thought of running a mile usually makes me cringe, but there is the odd occasion when I just feel like running. This morning was one of those occasions. I decided to definitely run a mile, then see what was what. By the time the mile was finished, I was determined to complete a goal I've never dreamed I would.

Now, it definitely wasn't the fastest, nor the most well-paced, nor the swiftest, but it was my first ever 2-mile run. I'll admit I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I'm so happy and proud to finally run 2 miles nonstop. On the other hand, I feel like crap. I'm steadily drinking water and such, but I will probably puke sometime soon (I know you all wanted to know that).

So I'm switching from quotes to random information now at the end of my posts.


Word from the Frontline: Time, in minutes and seconds, it took me to run 2 miles this morning -- 18:13.77

5 comments:

Janet said...

Well I'm impressed... And I was wondering what on earth you were doing up so early. Are you excited for Nate to come?

The Giesenator said...

so... now we can run every morning Baron.. get ready for some Football

uncle tim said...

Nice work, Baron! Now just sprint those two miles twice and you're ready to play a game of Ultimate!

justabby said...

wow...i don't think i'd want to run that much...bike, yes...run, no. happy pukeing!

Shayla Michelle said...

That is so weird. 1. Because I've been telling myself I would start running in the morning. It's never happened. I get to lazy. So I just stick with doing crunchies haha... 2. Wow. Oh my gosh. I have no idea how you got the motivation to do that, and to continue to run for 2 miles... But kudos to you. If there were kudos on here, I'd give them to you.