Saturday, July 01, 2006

Everybody's workin' for the weekend

Today was a day of work to raise money for the trip to the ELCA Youth Gathering in San Antonio. We had a food stand during the 4th of July festivities in Bricelyn. At this food stand, I did the one job I didn't want to do (oddly enough). Grilling. Any other time I would gladly do it, but there's so much grilling happening that the person doing it has majorly red eyes from the smoke and heat. I actually didn't have this problem. It turned out to be a really good time manning the grill, and I'll probably do the same job next year.

When it started to get dark, we began selling glow sticks to the crowd. Crazy expensive things.... The best quote during this was when we sold a guy 3 sticks, and he told us the colors didn't matter. We gave him a green and 2 yellow. One little boy of his said, "I want the green," and took it. Now the other kid doesn't have much choice, but he says, "I want green!" His diad, "You've got yellow." The tone of the guy's voice was priceless....

That's really all I've got. I had other things to go in here, but I'm going to move on to writing a random narrative about the fireworks from tonight (which were amazing). I'll post it on here in the near future.

Random quote del día: "I heard you farted while you were singing in the talent show...." -- Me

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.