Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I have two words for you all....

As the title says, I truly do have two words for you all....

GO TWINS!

What a start to the season! The Twins swept the series against the Orioles tonight. I must say, I was very happy with Ramon Ortiz. He threw 98 pitches for 4 strikeouts and a walk in 7 innings.
First applause of the night: Ramon Ortiz

I'd also like to take a look at the Twins offense thus far. In the opener, it was the long ball that led to a win, but in both of the other games the Piranhas struck hard with scrappy hits and good base running (especially in game 2).
Cuddyer went 3 for 3 tonight before he was taken out to get stitches. What a stud.
Second applause of the night: Michael Cuddyer

My week was officially ruined when our opener was postponed. We now play USC on May 11. We're supposed to play Blaine on Saturday, but that isn't looking too promising either. Lo and behold, my week was turned around tonight. I normall don't answer phone calls from "Unknown" numbers, but tonight I did. Oddly enough, it was Mariah calling from Costa Rica. We had a nice little chat (although I was caught up in watching the game and didn't say as much as I should've). It sounded like she was having a good time.
Third and most appreciative applause of the night: Mariah

Our upstairs bathroom is being remodeled. I hope to have random pictures of when it is gutted (which it officially was today) and when it's finished. Sadly, I didn't get a before picture to awe you all with. I guess you'll just have to settle for this comic (and Janet, I believe Beth should see the 4th panel of this one)....


2 comments:

The Giesenator said...

Go TWINS. I am quite satisfied with the pitching thus far into the season, its very nice. If Bonser and Ortiz can keep it up, we should be off to a good start.

Janet said...

Go Twins is absolutely right! Woot woot and a great start to the season :)

Pretty sure I read this in the airport and I was laughing so hard I cried. Yay!