Monday, April 23, 2007

TEC 67

The TEC weekend is over, and I spent my first day sitting at home. I slept a lot. I can't believe how amazing the weekend was. I've never been on a team (and probably never will again) that bonded like our Wheat Team did. On that note, here are my highlights, first from the weekend, then from Wheat.

10. Wheat bag -- I found some of the most random things in there. Between Barney and a history book, I'm not sure what the strangest thing was. I know the Wheat from Mariah was probably the most happifying though. My favorite Wheat that I gave was to Bob. Hopefully she'll put that dried applesauce to good use.
9. Talks -- I have to say I loved each and every talk that was given. They all tied together really well, and I think that helped the candidates make connections.
8. Team commissioning -- This has always been one of my favorite parts of the weekend, but giving the commissioning instead of receiving it was even better than I thought it would be.
7. The atmosphere -- I have to thank God for the lack of stress during the weekend. It was so laid-back that it was more of a weekend hanging out with friends than working. The comfort made the weekend
6. Talent show -- It was priceless. 'Nuf said.
5. Prayers -- So many prayers were answered! A lot of the team was sick or injured, some Candidates were having trouble opening up, and things from the outside world were trying to make their way in. Thanks to prayers, the team was able to serve through any sickness, the Candidates felt more comfortable with their tables, and everyone was focused on the weekend.
4. Conference Room Leadership -- Adam and Amanda are amazing! They did an awesome job, and Adam finally got through the weekend verse at Closing.
3. Burning of the Sins -- I've really been struggling with the things I wrote down for my personal inventory. When we were outside to burn the sins, I asked God not to let me put mine in the fire until he felt I was ready to be forgiven and ready to fix things. It hurt so bad to realize I couldn't move. It takes a lot for me to get emotional, but I was definitely in tears.
2. The Candidates -- I knew it would be a good group when I saw them at lunch on Friday. From where I was sitting, I couldn't see any who weren't joining in on the song. Usually there's a couple you have to force to stand up. Plus, seeing more share at Closing than downstairs was incredible!
1. God -- What can I say? He's amazing! I can't even fathom (one of my favorite words of the weekend) how well this weekend went. Praise God for being so blatant through His love and grace during the weekend.


Now, for the Wheat highlights.

10. The "Wheat Cave" -- Our crazy little room was renamed for the weekend. Anyone who came in with shoes or eating food was demoted to the Support Team. Everyone at Closing gave us funny looks when we yelled for the Wheaties to go to the Wheat Cave.
9. Being on Wheat and giving a talk -- It was just awesome to have these fellow prayer warriors, who I had been getting to know and bonding with so well, do the pray-up and pray-down for my talk. It's very different and much more powerful than being on a different team.
8. Music in the Wheat Cave -- We played so many random songs. There was Disney music during affirmations, "Devil Went Down to Georgia" (oops....bad word....), random sign language to some songs, and Nate's priceless lip-syncing to the o's in "Prince of Peace." Plus dancing to "Love Addict" was crazy awesome.
7. Stations of the Cross -- I've now been on all three sides of Stations, and I have to say this was one of the best. Being able to see all of the stations combined with seeing the words instead of hearing them made it easier to understand and experience.
6. The Champion -- It was nice to practice so many times before Saturday, and it all worked out wonderfully. I apologize for my random pointing in the video, but Ben was looking through the door and I was trying to get rid of him.
5. Final prayer -- When our team had our last prayer together on Sunday, there were lots of tears. For some reason, it still doesn't feel like our weekend was finalized. It's probably just because we came so close together and it's like I'm not with family anymore.
4. Saturday -- The whole team agreed Saturday morning that it was a good day, but Saturday night brought about a few tough things to handle. God prevailed over Satan's attempts to bring down our team, and we came even closer during our prayer.
3. Wheat Leadership -- Nate and Alyssia were so great to have as leadership. I can't find any words to describe how awesome they were. I do thank God for allowing Nate to lead the Wheat Team again; I might not have ever worked a team with him otherwise.
2. Wheat Adults -- I finally got to work with Janet, Angie and Gary! Individually, I love all three of them. Together, there are no words to describe how amazing they are.
1. God -- He was such a factor for our team, as He is with everything. He brought our team so close together, and I will definitely not forget them. Sadly, few of us will be able to work together again, but at least we had this amazing weekend to spend together.


Quotes of the weekend:
- "Hey, you stop!" -- Lecy to the 'gang members'
- "Wheaties to the Wheat Cave!" -- Wheat at Closing
- "What do I thonk..." -- Alyssia
- "It's syphonated." -- Emily
- Nate: "I'm naked."
Bob: "That hasn't stopped me before."
- "It's Schimek! Schimek! Not Shmishlinglebitle..." -- Nathan
- Nate: "You're getting fat man boobs on you."
Lecy: "I'm excited!"
- "And he sleeps naked." -- Kyle

There are probably more....but I forgot them....

4 comments:

Janet said...

Amen!

I cannot tell you how amazing it was to finally work the same team with you! I love ya, kid!

The Giesenator said...

All of my quotes seem awkward. Maybe i am awkward? And dude.. Take that history book with you wherever you go, and read up on Sacco and Vanzetti for next years Knowledge Bowl season!

Janet said...

Awkward turtle :P

j said...

That was the favorite wheat I got:)