Sunday, April 15, 2007

Saturday....

Today wasn't too productive of a day for me. I started out by getting up early and driving to school (yes, school). Today was the day of the ACT. It wasn't that bad, but I just didn't feel like taking it that early. I took three of the four practices tests in the book I was given when I registered (I skipped the reading practice) and ended up with composites of 31 in English, 29 in Math, and 34 in Science.


Quick rant: The section on Science should NOT be called Science. It should be called something like "Data Interpretation." All it consists of is reading graphs, charts, and other experimental data and figuring out what it means. I think there might've been two questions where you actually had to know something about science (i.e. C6H12O6 = sugar).

If my actual composite scores are anything like my practice ones, I'll be more than content. I'm not so sure how my writing went. I was kind of rushed, and I didn't feel too comfortable with what I wrote.
After the ACT, I went to help the little kids (3rd and 4th graders, I believe) learn to play baseball. They're pretty entertaining, but it wasn't very eventful.

My mom started painting the bathroom today, and she plans on finishing it tomorrow. I'm hoping we're able to use the shower by Saturday.

I realized I have 3 1/4 days of school this week.
Monday -- Full day//game in New Richland 5:00
Tuesday -- MCA math test in the morning (2 classes)
Wednesday -- Teach elementary for Spanish (3 classes)
Thursday -- Full day//TEC after school//missing game vs. St. James 5:00
Friday -- TEC

Speaking of science, here's a scientific comic for you (one of my favorites so far):

0 comments: