Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Adulthood

No, being 18 isn't all it's cracked up to be, although I had a very good day. School was quite entertaining, and somehow embarrassing pictures of me from the Youth Rep meeting about New Years (aka the Secret Santa meeting) showed up all over the halls. My locker somehow ended up wrapped in cheesy wrapping paper. Many people wished me happy birthday. I don't put much stock in birthday celebration, but it all made me happy. Even Jen's random "things I found in the clearance aisle" bag was great.

Work was really good, too. I got my $20 from KT, and I caught a lot of grief from my coworkers and boss. It was a fun shift tonight, and it went by really fast. A couple of coworkers brought in a mini cake for me and sang "Happy Birthday." After I was done, I washed the writing off of my car windows and went back in the store for some gum. I decided to take advantage of my legal gambling age and buy two crossword scratch-offs. The first was a failure, and the second was worth $3.

Hannah and I think we have our theme ready (at least verse and basic theme; not so much t-shirts, Conference Room, and actual name for the theme). I'm pumped about the fact that we have 10 Candidates, but it just means we have to work even harded to hit the limit. My hope for every TEC is that there are at least 30-35, and I'll be honest in saying I'll be happy with that number for this TEC, although a full one would blow my mind.

Now, time for my to be an "adult" and finish my Challenge Gov. essay on whether the Constitution is majoritarian or pluralist....maybe....if I get around to it....

2 comments:

j said...

IM me when you're online. I have something to tell you.

The Giesenator said...

Nothing like being adult. Silly Mariah is still a minor.