Monday, September 17, 2007

Meet My Manual Manuel....

It's been over a week. Stuff's happened. Let's boogie....

Work is a wreck. Ever since a lady walked out last week, the schedule has been chaos. I work on my birthday (this Wednesday), but at least KT will give me $20 just for being a year older. The benefits at this job are fun.

School is a wreck. All my classes are going well and all, but I'm a little behind on my art homework. I just don't have the time to sit down and draw like we're expected to. On the other hand, our teacher showed us a cool site from the Minneapolis Institute of Arts where you can create your own art gallery of works that you like. I have a couple of Yves Tanguy paintings (his shading is wicked accurate), a few Jerome Liebling photos (woot Minnesota), and a really cool photo by Paul Strand, along with a few other random works.

The TEC 69 leadership meeting was today. It was grand. Beforehand, I met up with Hannah and Joey at Subway for some lunch. Hannah and I talked about the verse and theme somewhat, and we're finalizing it this week. I finally met the infamous Joel, who will be serving on Support. We decided to keep our friendship strictly digital (which reminds me I owe you [hug]). I also learned that my good friend Tim managed to sneak his way onto team as an ATL. I'm happy he'll be there, but Lecy and I better see some bedtime stories in our Wheat bags. We also decided we would be on the lookout for Tim each night before we go off to sleep, especially on Thursday when the Candidates aren't around.

I'm very excited for this upcoming TEC. At our Pizza Ranch party after the meeting, Hannah said she had "butterflies in [her] hands," and I can't seem to get mine out of my stomach. Our leadership is amazing, and I'm just praying that we can get a boatload of Candidates. That's all I want for my birthday.

After that, I went to Kelly's to hang out with her and Janet. I surprised Kelly with two giant coloring books, and we surprised Janet with a grilled PB&J dinner. We planned on some mac 'n cheese to go with it, but there wasn't any at the house. Kelly surprised me with a great birthday cake, which i have more of in my fridge. Our coloring party was quite entertaining, and scanning through Kelly's iTunes was great fun.

Only two weeks of school, work, and randomness until the FIRST TEAM MEETING!

1 comments:

Mac Man said...

I pulled out all the strings, called in all kinds of favors, and paid out plenty of bribes. Just so you'll be able to get to sleep each night. Now tell me how much you love me!