Saturday, September 08, 2007

Come hither! I speak of wisdom and frolicking!

The first week of school has been (it really hurts me to say this) absolutely great! My schedule isn't too difficult, I have fun teachers, and it looks like our foreign exchange students might not turn out like a lot of the last ones have (i.e. stupid alcoholic jocks). My schedule is as follows:

8:25 am - 9:50 am -- Art Foundations
This class isn't all that difficult, but it's boring. The people in the class are all very quiet, and I'm not a big fan of the student teacher from MSU that we have the whole semester. I'm waiting for the day when Mrs. Wells flips out on her for some reason. So far, I haven't really done what we're supposed to do. I guess that means I should do the two homework drawings that are due Monday.

9:58 am - 11:23 am -- Challenge Government
I love this class! No, the book's format and contents aren't exciting in any way shape or form, but we have hilarious conversations in there, and Mr. Bartscher loves to be a part of them. Our greatest one (which I mentioned in my last post) was about what we would do if we went back to being in a "state of Nature" and were given sixty seconds to do whatever we wanted; no rules whatsoever. My friend Tim asked, "If I smoked a big bag of pot during that sixty seconds, and I was still high afterwards, would I get in trouble?" The best response was from Mr. Bartscher himself when he said, "If you were high enough after the sixty seconds, you wouldn't care if you got in trouble." Good times, and a constantly reoccurring joke with Tim.

11:23 am - 11:56 am -- Lunch
The only thing I have to say about this is that it's open campus for juniors and seniors. Good times.

11:59 am - 1:21 pm -- AP Biology
Although it's yet another college class in my schedule, Mr. Armstrong (or Doc, as we call him) doesn't like to give us busy work. Plus, he really doesn't care about any kind of work on Fridays. He's an awesome guy and loves to joke around, so it's easy to get along with him and make fun of what we're learning about. He already told us not to even bother taking the AP Bio test for college credit because we probably won't get through enough during the semester to get anyone a 3 on the test.

1:21 pm - 8:25 am -- Released Study Hall
I can pack up my books and be in my car heading for home by 1:23 every single day. I love it. It really makes my whole schedule feel like a day of college classes. On Thursdays I even get done with my whole day before Cody even starts his down at NWC. I have another released study hall during first hour, fourth quarter. What's the advantage? I don't need to wake up until 8:45 or so for a whole nine weeks. Fantastic.

And so, there's my current life. I only work about 2 or 3 weekdays each week, and I'll only be putting in 20 or so hours a week during the school year. So far, so good. Being a senior is strange, and it even felt weird writing "Grade 12" for the first time in AP Bio on Tuesday.

1 comments:

The Giesenator said...

i enjoy frolicking.