Friday, June 30, 2006

This blog will self-destruct in 30 seconds

A long, long time ago in a southern Minnesota mall, I was told about a fun little game. More like a challenge.


The Tradehome Challenge

Tradehome Shoes is the home of the most sell-happy employees of any store ever established. If one were to take a step into the store, they would be hunted down like a gazelle by the cheetah-like salesman. No, they aren't fast or have quick reflexes. But they're hungry for that sale.

So, what is The Tradehome Challenge? It's a test of bravery, slyness, and for those who are watched the challenger, ability to keep a straight face and not blow it for them. With this challenge, one must attempt to enter the store, walk to and touch the rear wall, and return back to the onlookers. Sounds easy, right? Well, here's the challenging part: The challenger must do this without having a word spoken to them by any employee. If that were to happen, the challenge is failed.

Number of times I've attempted The Tradehome Challenge -- 1
Number of times I've completed The Challenge -- 0

Number of times I've seen The Challenge attempted by others -- 37
Number of times I've seen The Challenge completed by others -- 3



I am very proud of Mariah Tappe. Why? Because during the shopping spree described in my last blog, we walked past Tradehome Shoes and I thought about The Challenge. I asked who would do it, and nobody spoke up. I looked in to the store again and realized it was prime time to attempt it. Blue was fitting shoes on someone, Green (if I remember colors correctly) was ringing someone up at the cash register, and Maroon was standing nonchalantly by the register.

When I mentioned to everyone that it would be the perfect time to try it, Mariah took the initiative. She started The Challenge fairly slowly, as not to attract much attention. When she got to the rear wall and touched it, Maroon started to move in on her. Kimmy and I thought she was done for. Mariah moved a little more quickly to get out of the store, and she was successful. I commended her by giving her a quarter.


Random quote del día: "How's it goin'?" -- What was said to Tommy by "Blue" as he returned from the rear wall. Challenge failed....

1 comments:

The Giesenator said...

tough cookie.