Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Jerk Chapter 1

I'm not a cat person. I mean I'm really not a cat person. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'd kill cats for fun or anything, but I just dislike them. Even my brother's cat here at my house irritates me. Yet, I have compassion for animals that get hurt and such. Which brings up another reason why I don't get along with my mom's boyfriend.

About 20 minutes ago, the cat shut itself in the bathroom upstairs. Every 5 minutes or so, it would paw at the door a little bit. No meowing, no extremely loud noises. Just a little bit of pawing at the door. What does my mom's boyfriend end up doing? Throwing it down the stairs. By "throw" I don't mean a big toss just to get it back downstairs. I mean he literally whipped the cat to the bottom of the stairs. The sound of the cat hitting the landing was louder than any noise the cat made while it was shut in the bathroom. The first thing that came to mind was "Well, that was a little extreme." Then the cat walked past me at the computer, and I noticed it was noticeably limping. Now, I'm not one to swear much, but the thought that came into my mind when I saw that was, "Wow, he really is an [expletitive]." I would've thrown the cat down the stairs too, but not to that extent. It would've been more of a toss just to make a statement, not 90 mph fastball to pound that statement into its head.


Question of the Day: Do you like cats? Why or why not?

7 comments:

uncle tim said...

while I don't doubt that this guy may indeed be what you're saying he is, I may cut him a little slack simply on the grounds that it is a CAT. CAT, if you translate it back to its Greek root, "ailouros"...which of course means, "demon from hell." I'd have grabbed a baseball bat.

Janet said...

Oh sad :( I love cats, I have 2 cats. And while they do drive me nuts sometimes, they're pretty easy pets to have.

justabby said...

hey i like my cats....they take care of the mice...i hate mice. and we give them fun names like potatoe...i mean come on potatoe...that's just funny

uncle tim said...

Dan Quayle called....he wants his spelling of "potato" back.

Oh I got you good!!!

Shayla Michelle said...

well I like cats. I have 3. Although they can be semi-annoying I can't imagine doing something like that... like I've pushed them when they were in my way & I felt bad after doing that... poor kitty. my cat Taz is always good for a back massage. Yes, he is that talented.

& speaking of cats... did you know that accient Egyptians used to mummify their cats?

http://www.egyptianholiday.net/cats.jpg

uncle tim said...

HE PUNTED BAXTER!!!!! AAAAAALLLLLGGGHGHGHGHGAAGAHGHAGLALGHG

Greg said...

http://www.addictinggames.com/kittencannon.html