Wednesday, November 15, 2006

New Lines!

Today, I accidentally decided to revise my lines in the song "Man to Man Talk" during a matinee for the 5th and 6th graders. How did it come about? Basically, I blanked. Horribly. I was doing fine at first, but it came to a pause where I'm supposed to "think," and I absolutely lost everything. I got the next few words down for my gestures, but then I blanked again. Got a few more words, and one last blank. It almost happened a 4th time within that 30 seconds, but a whispered to John, "What is it?" and he fed me the word I was supposed to gesture.

Thankfully this was for the 5th and 6th graders who had basically no idea what was going on in the show. If it would've been tomorrow or Friday night, I probably would've freaked out horribly. I still freaked, but realized it's not a huge deal that it happened today. I resorted to reading through the song a few more times so I don't blank again. Not really sure how it happened in the first place since I'd had it down for so long, but it happens I guess.

For anyone going to the show tomorrow night or Friday night: I won't blank. Promise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get to see you in 2 days! Whoo hoo!

Anonymous said...

I get to see you tomorrow! Whoo hoo!

Anonymous said...

Whoops, got a little confused there on which day it is :)