Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Poets R Us

I fell in love with a book of the Bible I hadn't ever ventured into before. It made me become a fan of abstract poetry, which I had never really enjoyed before. My new Biblical love is none other than Lamentations. My favorite verses are probably 2:11, 3:31-32, and 3:40.

"My eyes fail from weeping, I am in torment within, my heart is poured out on the ground because my people are destroyed, because children and infants faint in the streets of the city."

"For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love."

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."

I also randomly listened to "Here Is Our King" by David Crowder Band, and absolutely love the chorus:

Here is our King
Here is our Love
Here is our God who's come to bring us back to Him
He is the one
He is Jesus
And He is our King
He is our Love
He is our God who's come to bring us back to Him
He is the one
He is Jesus
Jesus

I have nothing else to say except that my new venture is going fairly well. I asked God to keep me in check in any way He felt necessary, and He's done just that.


Majesty....Finally....

1 comments:

Janet said...

Yeah! Good for you! I'm happy for you :)