Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Good gracious....

I'm not having the best week ever, no matter what VH1 says. Our last comp essay is supposed to be fairly easy because it's a college essay with a lot of choices for topics. Lo and behold, I can't get anything done on it. I've changed my topic at least three or four times, and I'm working on changing it again right now.

One Act is going pretty well. We have a few things to fine tune, but we should be ready for the competition on Saturday. We're also performing it Thursday morning for some of the people at school. Something's wrong with my throat right now, so I have no idea what's going to happen in the next few days. I can talk and all without having a raspy voice or anything, but it's really sore and such. It feels like it did after yelling at the TEC 65 talent show. It's crazy.

Friday is my first day off, but we all know what happens when you hope for a relaxed weekend: BUSYNESS! Friday brings about Knowledge Bowl (69 teams from 23 schools) in Blue Earth. I'm guessing my team won't do very well yet again, which is disappointing. One of our B.E. teams will do pretty well. Saturday, as I said, is One Act. I won't be able to make it to Agape for the first time since I went through TEC. I honestly think that's my biggest disappointment, even if we don't do well at One Act competition. Sunday might actually be a day of rest for me. Thankfully, I won't have any homework since it's the end of the semester this week.

I'm pretty stressed right now, but I'm trying my best to just shrug it off and try to stay positive about these last few days. Comp is my only big concern, and I just have to finish a rough draft (which should've been done today); it's all smooth sailing as soon as I have the rough draft done.

3 comments:

The Giesenator said...

Dude. Sibley East's coach is pissed at your coach, or Greg? Or something.. I dont know who. But apparently your coach lost our coach's email to him about how we have two teams for your tournament. So apparently Sibley East wont be there Friday. Dude. Practice was great today.

Billy Pilgrim.

Janet said...

I will keep you in my prayers. I'll miss you at Agape, but it happens. Will you be able to make it to Closing? I miss ya kid!

justabby said...

ya...if sunday is free i think i nice drive to rochester might be in order... :)