Thursday, May 25, 2006

Lazy day of praising Mary....

I was kicking back tonight, after I slept from 5:30-10, and thinking about what I actually did today. The answer? Absolutely nothing.

In English we just acted out chapters 17-19 of To Kill A Mockingbird. I don't know why so many people hate that book. Personally, I enjoy reading it.

For animal science, we watched our reward movie for averaging 80% or better (I think it was actually 92%) as a class on our last test. We watched the ever-funny, ever-loveable Dumb and Dumber. Always interesting stuff. I just happened to fall asleep during it too.

Spanish was the only class we did anything in. We took a vocab quiz and the first page of the test (listening and lectura). Completely boring, yet easy enough to not care. She gave us a sheet to practice for the rest of the test, and she said if we did well on the sheet we'd be fine for the rest of the test tomorrow.

Today was the most lazy day ever in health because of the substitute we had. We were supposed to take notes, do 3 worksheets, and watch the beginning of a movie if we had time. What did we end up doing? Taking notes and watching the movie. Did we watch it as if it were part of the curriculum? Of course not. We watched it as any regular movie (since it was Daddy, the TV original), and we thought one of the characters looked familiar. We took 20 minutes to look her up on IMDB and found out we were right.

Then I came home, sat at the computer for a while, and read a really cool prayer from Beliefnet Prayer of the Day.

In Praise of Mary
Hail, holy Lady, most holy Queen,
Mary, Mother of God, ever Virgin.
You were chosen by the Most High Father in heaven,
consecrated by Him, with His most Holy Beloved Son
and the Holy Spirit, the Comforter.
On you descended remains all the fullness of grace and every good.
Hail, His Palace.
Hail His Tabernacle.
Hail His Robe.
Hail His Handmaid.
Hail, His Mother.
and Hail, all holy Virtues, who, by grace and
inspration of the Holy Spirit,
are poured into the hearts of the faithful
so that from their faithless state,
they may be made faithful servants of God through you.
-- St. Francis of Assisi
I decided to go up and read some of my Bible after that, then I just relaxed in my bed. That led to a nice 4 ½ hours of sleep.
Now, I think I'm going to end this blog as it is and eat some chicken patties and stuffing. As Emily would say (since she said it about banana bread tonight) it'll be "yummy scrumboes."
Los números del día: Number of times a teacher had a 15 minute conversation on their cell phone today -- 1. Number of times we made fun of her by calling kids in the class next door -- 7. Number of times I heard the word "meth" in a 40-minute presentation -- 133.

0 comments: