Saturday, May 27, 2006

"Yeah, but if I wear the tight shirt all the girls will come running...."

I decided I'd also reflect on the day today, just for kicks.

English
As I said, I was about 5 minutes late. I took the quiz, leaving one question blank, and almost fell asleep while we were supposed to be reading. It's pretty lame when we're told to read for 65 minutes out of an 85 minute class.

Animal Science
Great day today! We did nothing but listen to some final presentations. For the last one, we went outside and grilled pork patties and burgers. It was a good time.

Spanish
We finished our tests that we started yesterday, and then we got into our groups and taped more for our final videos. My group got a couple of scenes done, and then we decided to finish the rest after school.

Lunch
-- Chicken strips
-- Salad
-- Peanut butter sandwich
-- Milk

Health
Had a sub again today, but this time we couldn't screw around. We finished all of our worksheets, and the highlight of the class was watching Channel 72 News (which is actually just the news shows from the video productions class). It was hilarious seeing big Ty in shorts that would probably barely fit me. Creepy....


After School
I helped Tim's group with their Spanish video. When it came to the Fear Factor scene, Tommy and I decided to put on the tight shirts and do kung-fu fighting for their bloopers. Eventually we got to keep the tight shirts on and play basketball, then frisbee, then have a strongest man competition, which included curling dandelions, pushing over trees, and benchpressing a fake duck.
Then I had to work on my own group's Spanish video. It went pretty well, and the ending turned out fairly funny. I think the best was when I ripped Tommy's shirt for the Starburst commercial. Here's our list of what we're doing for our video:

- Intro to movie
- Napoleon Dynamite scenes -- Napoleon needs Chapstick, Napoleon & Kip slapping each other, Napoleon trying to feed Tina, Napoleon and kid on bus, Napoleon and kid wanting tots
- Intro to second movie
- Freddy Got Fingered scenes -- Gordie's chicken sandwich, Gordie finds treasure, "It's for the beavers", cheese sandwich
- Cell phone commercial -- throwing phone at person for "theft protection"
- Starburst commercial -- "If you don't have friends, you don't have to share." This was amazing because the apple I threw on the ground totally exploded, and Tommy's shirt ripped perfectly. 'Twas hilarious.
- Transition scene
- Mastercard commercial -- "Spanish II with Sra. Tietje: priceless. Where there's life, there's Sra." Great times.
- Final scene -- We talk about how we're done with Spanish II, and I say that we're going to Sra. Tietje's house. On that note, we jump up, I take off my top shirt so I'm just wearing the tight black one, and we're last seen running up the stairs (I fall, of course). More great times.

And that's all I've got, really. After that I was out at Tommy's for a little while. And now I'm sitting here thinking about finishing my letters to all the graduates. Sounds like a plan to me....

0 comments: