Friday, March 16, 2007

Knowledge....

Today was the day. Knowledge Bowl sub-regionals in Mankato. Out of 84 teams at the meet, the top 27 moved on to next week. I knew our top team would make it on to regionals next Friday, but my team (2nd team) was a question mark [our 3rd team struggled all year, so we all knew it wasn't likely they would make it]. We're not too shabby as a 2nd team, but our written round usually isn't up to par and we all pick the wrong oral rounds to sit out. Today was a little different.

Our 1st team got the highest overall written score (50 out of 60), and it was the start of something nice for them. They stayed in the top 5 rooms for each of the 5 oral rounds, so they guaranteed themselves a spot at regionals. Our 2nd team (the team I'm on) started with our best written round this year by getting a 43. That put is in the top 12 teams (room 4). Sadly, we ended up with scores of 6 and 7 in the first two oral rounds and dropped out of the running for regionals. We weren't able to get back into the top 9 rooms at all, so we didn't qualify for regionals. The round I sat out, I knew 20 out of the 45 answers, but hey that's the luck of the draw.

On that note, be sure to congratulate Nate on doing well today (he might blog about exactly how well later on).


And a quick question....
Has anyone noticed the fact that Tim has yet to produce a blog post for us all to read? I mean, I know a lot of us have been lacking posts lately, but to not even have a first post? Sad....I guess I can forgive him though....

1 comments:

The Giesenator said...

Dude.. Knowledge bowl is fun.. Especially when you are on a good team :D