Saturday, June 23, 2007

Whitewater: Day 1

Yes, I survived Whitewater yet again. It was a good time, and now you all get to relive it with me. The first two days are in detail and will each get a blog, but the last two will be lumped together in my third post about Whitewater. On that note, we shall pretend it's monday again.


Monday, June 18

7:25 am

Waking up, my first thought is, "Mariah's such a jerk!" She stayed over last night so she wouldn't have to drive here early in the morning, and now she's all perky and keeps telling me to wake up. Relentless. 'Nuf said.

8:37 am

We're finally leaving Frost after picking up Sam and managing to pack all her stuff into the car. My mom's boyfriend was a jerk (as usual) and wouldn't let us take the truck, even though we have so little room in the car that Sam and Mariah are packed in the back with most of Sam's stuff.

8:45 am

We stopped already. We're checking the bikes at the Alden exit because they shifted hardcore (stupid wind).

8:48 am

Problem solved. My mom and I are geniuses when it comes to bike racks.

9:20 am

Look! Hormel plant!

9:21 am

Stupid Hormel plant! All I smell is Spam!

9:25 am

We just passed the exit for Brownsdale, and I'm reliving my brother's random ability to get lost between GEV and Ellendale. On Saturday he thought he could find a shorter way than I-90/I-35, and he ended up somewhere by Brownsdale.

10:03 am

We're pulling into Stewartville. I can't remember if it's to visit Schimek's or get lunch at Subway.

10:05 am

It was for Subway. Sorry, Schimek's.

10:29 am

I'm so bored that I decided to prank call Mariah, and I see it as part one of my payback for waking me up.

10:57 am

We're waiting in the grocery store parking lot in St. Charles for Kim, Steve, and James to show up with their vehicles. I find it ironic that we're listening to Journey but not moving at all. Silly Steve Perry, trips are for kids!

11:44 am

Finally! We can leave Mike's Food Center! Within the last 47 minutes, a lot has happened. Kyle and I "got Jak'd for less" by buying Red Jak energy drinks, he blew his whistle at random times and at random people, and we sang songs while we walked around the store. Also, Joy and Sarah told Kyle to eat 1/4 of an ice cream cake by shoving it into his face.

11:54 am

It's Whitewater!

3:30 pm

Were you at TEC 67? You were?! Good! Then you remember the song Support continuously danced to, which is also the one Kyle and I have danced to twice already on our newfound "Rock Island." We've also been skipping rocks on the river (I told Kyle how to skip even a round rock) and getting soaked. Oh, how I love a little bit of rain the first day of camping.

3:53 pm

Kim just gave me the things she found for me at garage sales. These things were a toaster and a tie with flying toasters and pieces of toast on it. I'm supposed to wear the tie every time I do the song, and it will also be making an appearance the Saturday of the next TEC.

4:58 pm

It's still raining a little bit. Kyle and I had asked for a little bit of rain to raise the river, but now we're pretty sick of it. I don't to be sleeping in Lake Tentbedrowned tonight.

5:26 pm

I just finished cutting up some lettuce for supper, and I wanted everyone to know I still have 10 fingers.

6:38 pm

I'm feeling sick and don't know why....

1:00 am (roughly)

I'm finally going to bed. I've been standing around with Ashley, Joy, and Mariah for a while because Ashley was very entertaining tonight. She did some "gangsta" dancing. I laughed.

2 comments:

Mac Man said...

Nothing quite like SPAM. I saw a big bin full of it on sale at the grocery store the other day and was about to make fun of it, when I saw a lady make a beeline straight for it. I just couldn't bring myself to still make fun of it with her filling her cart... Yuck!

Don't worry about the Schimeks. They know about the power of Subway too. Why do you think they chose to live there instead of the Sahara Desert? Subway!

Sad that I missed your performance in person, but I did catch the video of it on Nate's blog. Beautiful. I sense a theme going on. I'll be looking for the tie on July 21st.

Just curious, but how did you end up with 10 fingers? Aren't you supposed to have 8 and 2 thumbs? Did the lettuce cause you to grow two extras? That must come in handy when you try to throw a curveball, right?

A. Bauer said...

My curve does need a little work....