Monday, August 06, 2007

"Yeah? Well, I'm Catholic. I don't want to piss Mel Gibson off."

Today was a pretty good day. I woke up this morning and went to Mankato with my mom to pick my brother's bike and get a few things for school. Then I came home and showered so I could go pick up my good friend Amanda. We had plans to go eat Chinese and maybe catch a movie. We ended up bumming around Wal-Mart after we ate, and I ended up getting some more great music (Michael Bublé anyone?). I made Amanda decide what movie to see, and we ended up going to "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" after some narrowing down. It's not hilarious through the whole movie, but there's moments where I had some great laughs. One of the best (that will be appreciated by you folks who read my blog) is the name of the captain of the fire department. I told Nate not to look it up because it would be much funnier for him to hear it in the movie. There's also a lot of quotable moments, but I have trouble with my short-term memory.

I ended up picking up a 2-10 shift tomorrow because a lady couldn't work tonight; I took tomorrow's shift for the guy who took her shift tonight. At least I didn't get stuck with the morning shift tomorrow like I was going to at first.

Council on Thursday....Relay for Life on Friday....good times....

4 comments:

The Giesenator said...

Being that i am not sure if or when i will see it.. you should tell me :)

Anonymous said...

Michael Buble is amazing.. both his old (not oldest) and most recent are amazing. just sayin...

uncle tim said...

ha! how about that? I won $30K in 45 minutes tonight at party poker...still hoping to play with the infamous bauer soon!

Janet said...

I love Michael Buble!