Monday, August 06, 2007

Music make you lose control....

Music has been pretty amazing the last couple weeks for me. Between the random songs at the bowling alley and the jam session in the Frost gym last night, I just feel like taking a day to lay in my bed and do nothing but listen to good music. I won't be doing that until I have a laptop (hopefully soon) so I can have a music cache.

The Rocket Summer
As I said in my blog about the albums I anticipated this summer, I love the latest from The Rocket Summer. It's absolutely amazing, and I decided to pick up a copy (just so happened to be the last copy) at Wal-Mart the other day. Bryce Avary is a freaking mastermind. I am officially dedicating the song "A Song Is Not A Business Plan" to Tim Parrott because it fits in with his trifecta of blog posts about Christian music.

Cartel
Hey, hey, don't pay no mind. We are the second, you're minutes behind. So you say, 'Yeah I'm all right.' You are the fortunate all the time. Yeah, you are the fortunate... Officially 15 more days until the new album! There are no words to explain how excited I am....

Mayday Parade
Mariah asked me tonight if I wanted to go to their show in Iowa on her birthday, and I totally agreed. They're pretty incredible, and their show is with Alesana and As Cities Burn (whose album comes out in just 8 days). I'm excited for it!

Facebook iLike application
I've been randomly addings songs here and there on my list, but the best part of it is the dedications. My plan is to eventually dedicate a song to each one of the people I talk to the most on there.

0 comments: