Sunday, August 26, 2007

It's that time again

Yes, it's time for me to once again backtrack through my life a few days and let you all in on the fun. What's that? You've been bored to tears by my previous reviews? Well, feel free to skip this one, but the Euchre story is your loss. I'm going to start with the latest events, and work my way back.

Today was a long day at work. Slow. Not a lot of people. A guy that was wounded in Iraq came back through town and there were people lining 169 to greet him. Yesterday was also a fairly long day at work. Neither one was very entertaining. I know. You really want to skip out, but bear with me. The Euchre story is almost worth it.

On Friday, neither Mariah nor I worked, so I agreed to go with her to MOA. I only planned on buying one thing while I was there, and I succeeded. I'm now the proud owner of a new Notre Dame hat (this one's actually white instead of "2 years of dirt, dust, and sweat" brown). My plan is to keep this one for three years to see how bad it gets. I had a second goal while at the Mall, and that was to keep Mariah from buying any shoes. If you saw her closet, you would understand. Sadly, she ended up buying some, but at least it was only one pair for just $10. Friday also marked my first time eating at Bubba Gump's. They have some great food there, and I'll probably go back next time I'm at the Mall (which could be a while, seeing as Friday was only my third time there in my life and the second time was this June).

Now for the moment Nate has been waiting for. Euchre story.

Nate and I played a few games of Gin on Yahoo! Thursday night, and we eventually decided it was time to show some folks how real men played Euchre. When we finally got a pair of opponents at our table, Nate started telling everyone to play faster. Eventually, the conversation led to Nate telling one of our opponents, named saffiresure that he loved her. Soon after, Nate said the three of us should exchange phone numbers. When she wouldn't give us hers, Nate said something to the effect of, "You need to give us your number too saffire." To which she gave the greatest answer ever, "Sure 555 yeast infection." I was laughing so hard I couldn't play for a few minutes. She said she would remember our names on Yahoo! in case she ever saw us again, and I hope we do get a chance to play against her again. It made my night. Good times....

Ok, so the Euchre story wasn't worth it, but it made you read it all, didn't it?

0 comments: