Thursday, August 30, 2007

Whispers in the Dark

Last night just so happened to be a great end to my summer. Although I don't start school until Tuesday, I have to work and such between now and then, so last night was one of my final hurrahs.

Waldorf College was holding their annual Bash, and some folks I know down there told me to go down to see a free Skillet show. How could I turn that down? After work (it was a small truck and went by fast), I showered, changed, and went out to Tommy's. I had an idea of what time I wanted to leave, but he had a load of baby pigs to finish before we left. Mariah was there when I got there, so we waited for Tommy to shower then headed off to Forest City. After we got there, we were throwing the frisbee around a little, and Maggie walked by. A little later, we got Matt's attention since he didn't realize who was playing frisbee.

When we finally walked to the next block for Bash, we eventually saw all the people we knew. The first band (Holes In the Space-Time Continuum, a student band) was a little strange. They covered a couple songs, and they kind of ruined the mood (in my opinion) due to the swearing. The second band (Hillhaven Raven) was really good. They were all from Forest City, and I liked their sound quite a bit. After they finished, I walked with Tommy and Matt to Hardee's. My roast beef sandwich was one of the first things I'd eaten all day, and the insanely large amount of fluids I had had probably led to the story coming up. Kyle met up with us there, and we walked a block back to Bash in time for Skillet. Tommy and Kyle slowly made their way forward during the show, and eventually Tommy was at the stage. I decided to make my way up there too after a while. It was awesome until my stomach started bothering me a lot and I decided to go back out of the main crowd and watch with the M's.

After the show, we got the band's autographs. I was feeling even worse, and I made it through the line feeling like puking the whole time. I told John Cooper that he was one of my top 5 bassists of all time, told him a couple others on the list (that's for a future blog), and walked away with Mariah and Tommy. I had to hand them my stuff and kneel by a tree. The vomit wasn't going to wait any longer. The deciding factor for the hurling was most definitely fountain Gatorade. Don't drink it. It's not good. Nor is it good for you. I figured out tonight that I had had about the equivalant of 6 cans of pop plus the nasty Gatorade from the pop fountain. Not a good idea. It made me sick.

All in all, it was a great show. I called Deml with a couple of songs as messages, and I was texting him a little too. It was good to see how well Matt and Maggie are liking school so far, and I told them I would come down to be on their Friday night radio show at least once. It'll be fun.

Next show I'm going to (even though my mom's being a spaz about it): Mayday Parade, Alesana, As Cities Burn

0 comments: