Monday, August 13, 2007

What a world, what a life....

If I earned a dollar for each complaint I had daily, today wouldn't be very profitable for me. I can't believe how glorious it turned out to be.

First off, I went to bed way too late (oops), and I had to be up by 9:00. When I did wake up (right on time), I took a little longer than expected getting ready to go to Albert Lea. Still, no complaints. The weather was absolutely gorgeous as I got in my car, so I decided to drive with the windows down (my favorite) and crank up the volume of Anberlin (amazingness). I finally got to Perkins a few minutes after 10:00, and the one and only Levi Budd was standing at the door. We only had to wait a couple minutes for a table (Perkins was extremely busy), and breakfast was great. We were there for a good hour after we finished eating, and eventually the waitress kept asking if we needed anything else (a hint that we should leave because people were waiting for tables). I've never had the chance to just sit and talk with Levi, and even though we just jumped from topic to topic, it was great. Out of all of the people going off to college this year, he is definitely one of the ones I want to keep in touch with the most. He said he's going to try to make it down for the next TEC, and he'll be the first one I call if I'm ever near Northwestern.

I showed up to work at about 2:03, which is technically "late," but the time clock hadn't rolled over to the next 15 minutes yet. Nate stopped in once, and before that I surprised Leah Mortensen when she came in to pay for her gas and realized I worked there (fun fact: she lives on Mortensen Lane....ironic....). It was a good shift at Kwik Trip, minus the guy who got angry over six whole cents [complaint count: 1] and the Comdata card situation [complaint count: 2]. Although, we gave the trucker with the Comdata card some free food for waiting around so long, and he seemed to feel a lot better. He even came back around 10:00 to buy some things [complaint count: 1].

Tonight was the big night of the Perseid meteor shower, and I was pretty excited to see it all go down (there's still some time as I'm writing this until the "peak" time). Sadly, a few clouds have rolled into town and made it pretty tough to see the sky very well. As I hit this point in the paragraph, I checked back with the stars, and they were shining splendidly. I saw about 12 really nice meteors and a bunch of smaller, dimmer ones [complaint count: 0]. Two fairly good ones almost crossed, but both died out and left really nice tails before they got that close.

Today was fantastic, and I wish every day was just as great. Even if I would've ended up with 10,000 complaints I know that there's nothing to dwell on or worry about because there are days like these where everything just seems to fall into place. God is good....all the time....

3 comments:

j said...

SHOOT! I meant to get out for the meteor shower.

Janet said...

And all the time... GOD IS GOOD!

Man, I wish I would have seen the meteor shower. I knew I meant to do something before bed, but I couldn't remember what it was.

Mac Man said...

I'm going to pull a Cooper here. Next time the 49er's win the Super Bowl, I'll be sure to watch a meteor shower (so hard to remember these things!)

At least I won't stink in the meantime.