Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The joy that once was Facebook

I always used to see Facebook as a safer version of Myspace. Until now. Facebook has just started using new feeds to let you know every single move that is made by every single one of your friends on the site. You leave someone a little message on their "Wall," and the whole world knows within seconds. You join or leave a group, the word is spread instantly. Facebook's new idea really just screams "safe stalker." It still isn't as bad as the information that people willingly put out there that catches the eye of predators, but it is definitely borderline.

Now, onto my first day of school.

Study Hall
Sitting at a lunch table in a miniature gym for 85 minutes isn't exactly my idea of fun. I'm supposed to have it again 3rd quarter, but I'm going to find something to fill in that spot. It's going to be nice for any last-minute homework (which I'm bound to have), but I definitely can't say I enjoy it.

Accounting
This class is going to be simple. Tests every 3-6 days on each chapter that we get through, homework that should take a maximum of 20 minutes (maybe 40 if it's a rare, big assignment), and a lot of interesting characters in class. Our first assignment was to bring in a magnet for our teacher to put on his metal boards at the side of the room.

Chemistry
Shayla may hate chemistry already, but I love it. Schoenfelder is one of the easiest teachers to get along with, and our class has some fun people it in. Definitely the class to have after lunch.

Communication
We gave impromtu speeches today. My topic was "Explain how a person can be smart but might not be wise." It was pretty easy, but I couldn't think of much to say in the five minutes she gave us to prepare. Still wasn't too bad, and I'm thinking this class will live up to my expectations: Horrible!

2 comments:

Shayla Michelle said...

Okay... I don't HATE chem. Chem hates me. I'm just scared for it. Very scared. Like I'm already on the verge of tears.

Branching off of that... You're good at math... you like math... you will do well in Chem because you're good with math. I on the other hand don't like math that much. I'm not good at it. It doesn't come easy to me. What's ironic is that you like math... don't like english. I LOVE english... don't enjoy math. Oh fun...

Ahhh but I wish you good luck on all your classes.

Greg said...

Facebook update:
click here