Friday, September 29, 2006

M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A....MINNESOTA....MINNESOTA....GOOOOOOO TWINS!!

I am very proud of the late innings played by the Twins tonight. It was a beautiful sight to see. I had actually just pulled out my Homer Hanky on the strike before Mauer hit the game-tying homerun. It was pretty prophetic.

Here's my view on the postseason. The Twins should be fine with not taking the division. Without it, they would face the Yankees for 5 games, and Johan Santana would undoubtedly pitch two of those. If they should happen to win the division and also beat Oakland in the first round, the Twins would face the Yankees for 7 games. Rumor has it Johan would pitch only one of them. With Radke having a very nice showing tonight, this might not be an issue, but I believe they should buckle down on the rotation and try to work Johan in when it comes to crucial games. Silva could possibly be helpful in the more in the clutch situations, but in my opinion he doesn't have a good pitching matchup for a definite win against the A's. I'm slightly torn on this, but I believe it would be better for the Twins to face the Yankees right away in the postseason.


Question of the Day: Which do you think would benefit the Twins' postseason more -- first round vs. Yankees or A's?

1 comments:

Janet said...

I'm not entirely sure what I would have rather seen happen... But after the last two losses, we'll more than likely be playing the Yankees :)