Thursday, July 12, 2007

Dedication....

Since nothing too interesting has happened to me today, I am officially dedicating this entire post to my highly anticipated album releases of the next couple months.

The Rocket Summer -- Do You Feel
I have loved The Rocket Summer from the moment I heard the song "Show Me Everything You've Got," although I didn't know who played it at the time. Then, as I listened to more of this amazing music and learned The Rocket Summer was actually a solo artist, I was even more amazed. And so, I've been previewing the new album on Myspace, and I'm thrilled for its release next week! I especially love the songs "All I Have" and "Run To You" in all their amazingness.
Release Date: July 17

Yellowcard -- Paper Walls
Did I hear any of Yellowcard's previous album Lights and Sounds, apart from the title track? No, but I've caught a glimpse (in a listening sort of way) of a couple of songs from their new album, and it's not too bad. I've never been a huge fan other than the fact that I love the use of a violin. Still, I'm at a crossroads on whether or not to get the new album.
Release Date: July 17

Johnny Cash -- The Great Lost Performances
It's Johnny Cash. How can I not? 'Nuf said....
Release Date: July 24

Hanson -- The Walk
I, personally, am not anticipating this one. I just found it ironic that Hanson has a new album and the Spice Girls are touring again in the same year.
Release Date: July 24 (but who really cares)

Junior Senior -- Hey Hey My My Yo Yo
They're music is so random! I always get the old song "Move Your Feet" stuck in my head, and the video for it always used to entertain me. I might not buy this album, but seeing the name Junior Senior makes me chuckle....
Release Date: July 31

Third Day -- Chronology: Volume 2
This album, which comes with a DVD, includes the years 2001-2006 of the band's music. I don't own any Third Day albums, so I'm kind of leaning towards buying this one and thus owning their greatest songs from the last six years.
Release Date: August 7

Soundtrack -- High School Musical 2
I just want to state for the record that I, Aaron Bauer, will be avoiding this CD and movie at all costs. Thank you for your open ears and open minds.
Release Date: August 14 (but, again, who really cares)

12 Stones -- Anthem for the Underdog
I absolutely love 12 Stones, and I somehow managed to mostly miss the release and two-year existence of their last album, Potter's Field. To make up for it, I plan on buying the new album, although I've heard nothing from it yet.
Release Date: August 14

Cartel -- Cartel
This album is my mostly highly anticipated for not only this date (sorry Nicki Sixx) and month (sorry Boyz N Da Hood) but also for the entire summer (sorry Kool & The Gang). I watched the last few episodes of Band In A Bubble, where they spent 20 days in a bubble-like house on Pier 54 writing, recording, and completing their new album. I was very disappointed when they announced a change in the release date, which was originally July 24, but I know it'll be worth the wait. Wyclef Jean even produced one of the tracks, and from what I've heard of it, it sounds pretty cool (Wyclef also gave Will Pugh major props for his vocals, which are stunning). The first single "Lose It" (featuring Juliet Simms of Loveletter) is just incredible, and I'm just excited. Period.
[Is it odd that I love it when bands don't self-title their first album?]
Release Date: August 21

Casting Crowns -- The Altar and the Door
Much like Johnny Cash, it's Casting Crowns! How can I not? 'Nuf said....
Release Date: August 28

5 comments:

uncle tim said...

did you just draw a comparison (no matter how ambiguous, there's no excuse!) between Casting Crowns and Johnny Cash?
Lamest worship band of all time, and epic songwriter? I'm so incredibly shocked and offended.

A. Bauer said...

I wasn't comparing the two musically....I was only comparing the fact that I'm pretty much obligated to check out both of the new albums....

Joel said...

I haven't bought a new CD in like, 5 years. It's rather depressing.

12 Stones is wonderful.

Janet said...

Hey, I like Casting Crowns.

The Giesenator said...

I also am a fan of Casting Crowns. But yes, i already commented on your Myspace blog. So i might as well comment here, eh? Good choice in CD's. Especially High School Musical 2! We should totally have a High School Musical 2 party where we just hang out with Lecy, Boyum, Deml, and Budd and make fun of it.