Monday, July 09, 2007

Here's the story....of a guy named Baron....

Vladimir Guerrero won the Home Run Derby tonight, and that definitely disappoints me. I was pulling for Rios the whole time (don't get me wrong, I wanted Morneau to do well, but I wasn't holding my breath). One of the main reasons I didn't want Vlad to win is due to the fact that his swing bugs the crap out of me. I mean, seriously, Sheffield has the same stride and way of cocking his wrists, but it doesn't look as utterly ridiculous as Vlad's. Plus, if you're going to be in the Home Run Derby, wear a freaking cap! Bogus....

I went down to Spirit Lake today to get my senior pictures out of the way. Thankfully, it was much cooler outside than the last couple days. We had a scare after the first hour and a half because the counter on the camera somehow reset, and the photographer thought we lost all of the pictures he'd already taken. Lo and behold, everything was just fine, and I did one more series before heading home. My mom and I stopped at the Pizza Ranch in Jackson to eat, and I ended up sleeping the rest of the way home.

Quick note on the lock-in and church services from this weekend: it was a grand time! Lynch Mob was a lot of fun with a lot of people (first time I'd played with Typhoid Mary), and the lack of sleep wasn't all that horrible. I'm glad Laura asked me to give my talk from 67 at two of the services, and it seemed like it went pretty well. The children's message was priceless (especially Levi, Lecy, and "Because my daddy's a stewardess."). The best part of the weekend was probably hanging out with Levi, Lecy, and Boyum during the TEC team meeting. We had a good time running around Target with the walkies, even though the Target employees have their own frequency and we weren't able to talk to them. A "security guard" politely yelled at Boyum for not having shoes on while we were sitting on patio furniture.

My last thought for tonight involves VH1. The first two matches of this year's World Series of Pop Culture aired tonight. In the first match, Team Motherboy defeated Fat Guys in Little Coats. It was a pretty good match, and a lady on Team Motherboy was really losing her voice, which made me chuckle. In the second match, Remo-leen Teen-Teen, the only sibling team in the competition, beat The White Russians in a blowout match.


Tonight's episode of Cyanide and Happiness is dedicated to the one and only Janet Youngers because she was one of the only other people (besides Joel) to blog the other day....and I ask everyone to please refer to the previous comic first if they don't remember what it was....

3 comments:

Janet said...

That's pretty great, not gonna lie.

Did you know that my sister, the cop shanker, can recite all of the kings and queens of England? Can we say TEC talent?

Mac Man said...

Janet is the Queen? She's older than I thought! ;-)

Janet said...

Haha, very funny :P