Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I know you're sad....

You'll all be very disappointed to hear that I don't have any great stories about unloading truck on Sunday. I have an even better one. I called in sick that morning and the shift leader sounded really mad (I figured it was because she didn't know who would work for me). She sounded less mad when I called back a little later to confirm I wouldn't be going in.

My 6-2 shift on Monday morning wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. I worked with some fun people, so that eased a lot of the pains of not wanting to be there that early. On Monday night, I went to Tommy's for a while and a few of the lifeguards from Bricelyn were there. We played some Guitar Hero, DDR, and started a short-lived fire.

Today's shift wasn't too bad either. We've been busier than usual this week due to the fair (which I don't plan on going to unless Nate miraculously shows up), and things stayed pretty steady today. After doing two sets of paperwork and mopping, I was out of there 15 minutes late, which isn't too horrible. I went to Tommy's for a little while again tonight, and we ended up watching "Young Guns II," which is a pretty dang good movie. I'm not a fan of westerns, but "Tombstone" and the "Young Guns" movies aren't too shabby.

On that note, I probably won't have anything to blog about tomorrow (it's my day off), and I might blog about Thursday night's fun when I get home from said fun. So I'll leave you with this thought:

Why is the streetlight that's shining into my window so freaking bright?!

3 comments:

Mac Man said...

How did you know I was sad? That's freaky... ;-)

Joel said...

Tim's always sad. I blame the Borg ships.

The Giesenator said...

Oh man.. If i would've known it was fair week, i would've stopped by! It is Sibley County fair next week, and i will only show up for a bit Friday night, if even then.. Because Saturday has all the makings for a good time :)