Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Are you ready for some football?

I wasn't even close to ready for football when it started on Monday. I sat out the morning practice because I felt sick when I woke up, but I was ready to go for the night practice. It wasn't too bad at all. Yesterday's practices were probably about the worst. I felt like crap through both of them. And today, we got yelled at in the morning for having a slow pursuit drill, but tonight we got through 20 reps of footwork with the bags and boards in 4 minutes as an offensive line. Our coach told us that meant we could skip out on shuttles whenever we did them. Also tonight, we were doing countdowns from 90 for conditioning. I expected them to be horrible, but I felt great afterwards.

On the other side of things, there is no other side of things. Football is all I've been able to do lately. I had some of the same thoughts as Nate, but I'm going to stick it out for a while and see what happens.

Word from the Frontline: Name of my Buc Card sales team -- Goody's Gaybobs (led by coach Gudahl)
Name of my fantasy football team (when I finally create it) -- Goody's Gaybops; I just think it sounds better

1 comments:

The Giesenator said...

good fantasy name