Wednesday, August 30, 2006

30 Days

Tonight I decided to watch the show 30 Days on FX. I had seen it only a few times before tonight, but the commercials for this episode seemed interesting. In this episode, Morgan Spurlock (typically just the creator and host of the show) spent 30 days inside of a prison in Virginia. Some of the things he pointed out were pretty interesting.

-- The U.S. prison system has turned into more of a dumping ground than anything else.

-- If every prison had a form of a full-time drug rehab program, there would be more opportunities for prisoners to try to get better so they could return to lives on the outside, freeing up space for the constant flow of new inmates.

-- Solitary confinement would be a living hell. Sitting in a 7 x 10 room for at least 72 hours with nothing to do? Sounds to me like it'd be a great time to pick your eyes out with your own tongue.

I then decided to scope out the FX website. The show Nip/Tuck is nothing less than stupid. Especially since there is a game on the site that lets you use a picture of yourself to change your look and see what you would be like with plastic surgery.

I'm bored and have no idea why I blogged about this. Maybe it's just the fact that I have nothing to do right now. Yeah, I think that's it....

1 comments:

Shayla Michelle said...

30 Day is usually a really cool show. I watched an episode where an atheist lives with a Christian family... it was really intresting.

But pick your eyes out with your tounge... that's gross to even think about. Ew

& I must say I'm guily of watching some episodes of Nip/Tuck, haha