Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tourists....

About 2 hours after my post about my morning bike binge, I was in the car heading towards Orange City, Iowa. I told my mom, "I'll fall asleep about 3/4 of the way to Blue Earth," (which is 12 miles away). I fell asleep about 1/4 of the way there. I woke up long enough in B.E. to tell her that I wanted a Dr. Pepper from Kwik Trip, then I fell back asleep.

The next thing I remember, we were pulling into O.C. We sat in the car for a few minutes, then went inside to sign in for the meeting. We watched a powerpoint on the school and then a video. In the video, there was a guy who looks a lot like Matt Reiter (who goes to NWC), but it definitely wasn't him.

After the little meeting, we started the tour of the campus. Our guide was new in the admissions office, and he is the new wrestling coach at Northwestern. There were a couple of times when he would crack jokes and say that he was passing the rest of the tour on to me. He did luck out in 2 of the buildings. In Coley (a male dorm), the RA from last year was in there and led us around. Then, when we got to the theater building, I told Cody (yes, I mean my brother) that our guide was new at the school. Our guide offered to let Cody give us the tour, and he did.

When that was done, we hung around in the Bultman Center while other prospective students met with teachers, coaches, etc. in the fields they were interested in. I was the only one of the 3 in my tour group that didn't need to meet with anyone, so my mom and I waited around talking to other people until Cody showed up. When he did, we went back to West and helped Cody's roommate for this year move in. Then we headed on home. I slept quite a bit on the way back, but I also did 3 scratch-off tickets for my mom and listened to most of the Twins game.

And yes, I did get my free t-shirt. It could make its first appearance at this week's council meeting.

Word from the Frontline: Number of people I talked to that knew Cody -- 2 or 3
One of them was a guy Cody stayed with during his tour this summer
A second was a girl he worked with somewhere
A third could be someone that was visiting NWC a day earlier that mentioned they knew him

2 comments:

j said...

I don't have to work on Friday. How about a post-council Perkins run?

Janet said...

I don't have to work on Friday either! Whoo hoo!