Sunday, August 13, 2006

Recap....

I'm just here to recap the last few days of my life, since this is the first time I've really been at a computer lately.

Wednesday
I took off to Mankato with my mom to meet my brother and continue our trip. We were headed to Arlington to drop my car off at Nate's. We left my car there, talked to Nate, Okon, and Brittany for a minute, then moved on to Belle Plaine. When we got there, we checked into the hotel, which wasn't too bad of a place, and then went to the funeral home with my grandparents for a visitation. I didn't know my aunt's dad really well, but it was good to be there to support the family and such. That night, I couldn't sleep very well. I slept from 12-2:16, then didn't fall back asleep until about 6. During that time, my brother was snoring and suddenly stopped, had an arm spasm that caused him to punch me, then started snoring again. Quite odd.

Thursday
I woke up at 8 and ate some cereal at the hotel, then we left for the funeral at the church. We had some time to kill, so we shopped around the thrift store and dollar store. I found a nice, never-been-worn dress shirt for something like $3. After the funeral we went out to the cemetery, then back to the church to eat. We had to leave there and head back to Arlington to meet Nate so I could ride with him to council. Turns out, we left a little later than expected and had to meet up with Nate in Mankato. We had an interesting ride to council that all started after Kimmy was late to meet with us in New Richland. We even had time to vacuum out Nate's truck. After the meeting, a bunch of us headed to Perkins. Quick side note: I apologize to Greg for the random sandwich that was put on his car. Nate apparently didn't want it anymore since it was the reason he didn't have enough money for a Moolatte or Perkins. I rode with Sarah, and we happened to almost get killed 3 different times. I think it was because we talked about car accidents the whole way to Owatonna. After Bob and Ben finally showed up, we were told to be quiet in no more than 5 minutes (no thanks to Bob's amazing awesome laugh). Ben made Ruth get out of bed to come see us, and he also stole her hat. We played some dice in the parking lot to see who would get shotgun. Kimmy won, but only by a point.

We dropped Kimmy off, then pulled off on a random gravel road. Nate almost took off while I was on top of his truck, but Curtis was still hanging onto the back when we did take off. Pretty humorous. Nate and I stayed up until about 2 that night, and on Friday....

Friday
Nate and I watched some "Next" on MTV for a while, then I headed home. On my way back, there was what I think was a garbage truck being sprayed down by fire hoses on some road that goes onto 169. It was pretty interesting. I dropped off Shayla's cooler that she had left with Nate, then came home. I hung out for a couple hours before I went to Relay for Life. On my way there, I stopped at Tommy's to get my CD's. He was really tired, and it showed when he called me 20 minutes later and asked if I had been at his house that day.

Relay for Life
It was a great time yet again this year. John convinced me to run around the course with him, and he was a great person to run with. He pushed me to run more than I wanted to, and I definitely thank him for it. I almost saran wrapped a car with its owner inside of it that night, but she realized it while I was doing it. As she got out, I started wrapping her. She tried walking away only to find out that there was saran wrap attached to the car that was holding her back.

Saturday
I went to get a free McDonalds breakfast with a couple people, then I came home and slept. I talked to Mariah for a few minutes about how mean I was to call her 5 times between 4:00 and 6:00 her time (in California), then I finally fell asleep. At about 4:00, I woke up and decided to get slightly cleaned up and ready to go. I finally got to Oswald's about 6:20, and we waited for folks to show up to the shindig.

Fiesta
We had a good time hanging out. We played some flag football when people were first there, and it eventually turned into flag tag. Pretty entertaining. When Hannah and Jen decided to leave, 5 of us jumped on the car and rode down the driveway. Matt surfed on the hood while I surfed on the roof. It was really fun. They gave us a ride back up to the house, but this time John joined in on the fun. After they left, we played "Ghetto Ultimate," using car lights because it was pretty dark out. Eventually, after a nice conversation about scary movies, we decided to take a walk through the trails in the woods. It was pretty interesting, and Kimmy was hyperventilating at one point. After everyone left, I helped Tommy and Melissa bring stuff inside before we had some cake. It was definitely the most heavily frosted cake I'd ever eaten.


And now, here I sit with no ambition to go to bed. I know I'm missing a lot of details about all these days. It's just that I'm not the type of person to remember all these things.

I started thinking about how much I don't want to start football, but it's going to happen in about 29 hours.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Response to quick side note: Ben Boyum enjoyed the sandwich very much.

The Giesenator said...

HAHAHA! I wanted that Tendermaid so bad, but i couldn't eat it.. i just couldn't eat it! And Baron, football killed.