Friday, June 09, 2006

El tenis....

Last night was a great council meeting. Afterwards, a caravan of us drove from the church in Blooming Prarie to Perkins in Owatonna. Before we left, Laura said if we didn't know how to get there, "just follow Janet." The convoy included, in order: Janet, Laura, Mariah, Carl/Nate, Me/Kimmy, and Sarah. Laura was losing ground on Janet, and she seemed to be slowing down. I decided to take her advice and "follow Janet" (or should I say "falloh Jannit"). I sped (not too fast) past everyone and followed Janet on the short route to Perkins. Laura decided to take the rest of the crew through town, and they managed to lose Sarah on the way.

Perkins was as interesting as ever. We wrote Nate's phone number on some sugar packets at the table before they all got there. When they finally showed up, Laura said I was "an ideeut" for driving like that. We made fun of her fantastic spelling capacity, and just hung out for a while.



Now onto tonight. I had planned to play tennis with Brice, Kimmy, and one of Kimmy's friends, but her friend couldn't play. Tommy took that spot. We headed to Blue Earth after Kimmy finally showed up, and I had to change into my sweet uniform for the match. I had some old shorts (they were a little small), my sweet Vacation Bible School shirt, and my "I'm A Member of God's Team" headband. I was definitely the only one properly dressed for tennis.

The teams were Kimmy and I against Brice and Tommy. It was a pretty even match and all, and everyone had some nice shots. Brice smoked a crazy drive over once, and I was going to swing at it. I realized, "That's going to be out," so I stopped swinging, but my wrist and the racket kept swinging. They managed to hit me under the eye. Very attractive.


El número del día: Number of times I laughed (on the inside) as I spellchecked this blog -- 5. I love Laura's inability to correctly spell words in the "verbology" of the human race. I also thank Greg for that great word. It needs a copyright....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so basically when I was reading this... I was just picture you in that outfit, and I got creeped out just thinking about it... but I still love ya regardless..that is very very funny though.

You are a very smooth tennis player by the sounds of it.. I mean seriously hitting yourself in the face, that just screams "smooth..." Sounds like a very very fun night...

so now the story I promised you... Okay, so I was cleaning out in my basement today things to give to the salvation army and we were digging through the stuffed animals and I come across 3 (yes I said three...) stuffed animals. And guess what they were? no, not llamas sorry... they were pink flamingos!!!

Janet said...

I'm glad you had fun playing tennis! And I'm glad you're the smart one and followed me to Perkins :)