Saturday, June 17, 2006

[This blog has no title. Please call customer service for assistance.]

My mom came home from the hospital at about 3:00 today. She's very glad to be back, and she had a lot of visitors and "Get Well" stuff while she was there.


So now, I'll say a few words about the camping trip at Whitewater State Park. I always love being there. God's amazingly beautiful creations just come to life there, and it's impossible to not know that He exists.

The first night, Kyle (who I was rooming with in the tent) had his little brother's airsoft gun and glow-in-the-dark pellets. He decided to randomly shoot at shadows in the dark. The first shot hit a tree, but the second hit someone. [Gun firing] "OUCH!" Broden came to the tent and asked what hit him. I said, "Um....Kyle just threw a rock." Broden has yet to figure out what really happened.

On the second day, Kyree and I decided to hike together. We took the 3 1/2 hour Dakota Trail, but were totally ripped off by the stupid maps. The trail was supposed to go probably another half-mile after Eagle Point, but there was no trail to follow. We backtracked quite a ways, and we ended up taking the random Valley Trail past the group camps (a place like Good Earth Village). That took us to Meadow, and we ended up making our way back to camp in the same 3 1/2 hours it should've taken us.

At one point, most of the group was on top of Inspiration Point (absolutely gorgeous view). Somebody decided to break the law and play with sparklers up there (way to go, Joy). As people were playing with them, a small patch of grass started on fire. Danny freaked out, "PUT IT OUT! PUT IT OUT! PUT IT OUT! THE WHOLE PLACE IS GOING TO START ON FIRE!" He almost pushed Kyle off the edge in order to get to the fire and stomp it out.

Also at Inspiration Point (the next night), Sarah and Rachel decided to be dumb and climb down the entire cliff instead of taking the stairs/path or the dirt/root climbing path we found. They made it to a grassy ledge before they got stuck. Danny was thoroughly mad, and he took the stairs down to help them. A rock ended up hitting him in the head, and he went to bed mad because they almost killed themselves. Quality entertainment.

On Wednesday, we met an 8 year old boy named Gavin. When people from our group first met him, they thought he was a cool kid and invited him to hang out with us sometime. Turns out he was the spawn of Satan. Go near him, he would freak out. He gave people physical therapy, such as slapping them in the face, shoving fingers in their ears and noses, etc. He even had magic tricks. They were "Now you see it....[throw object]....Now you don't" tricks, and they all ended in him finding the objects in someone's butt.

Just a few quotes from the week:
"Oh jeez!" -- Brett
"I'm private property, darn you!" -- Gavin (the demon child)
"Get back to nature. Hike naked!" -- Map posted on a trail
"Please step out of the vehicle...." -- Me while I was "arresting" someone
"This is the only face she's got." "Well obviously...." -- Me and Ashley
"We don't ask questions. We just go with it." -- Joy
"Duck!" -- Me
"Wet floor, hot floor, hot man!" -- Gavin (pointed to Danny)
"My low point is when everyone hated me. My high point is now, when everyone doesn't hate me" -- Garrett
"Hey Kyle, did you find your pants yet?" -- Joy
"I drooled all over my face. I haven't done that in years." -- Kyle after Joy put water on his face while he was sleeping
"I swear that spider jumped on me!" -- Kyree
"I love random patches of stuff. It makes pictures look better." -- Me



Kyle, Gavin, and Danny

Sam on top of Inspiration Point
Random patch of plants
Kyree in deep concentration
Steve scratching his nose
I'll randomly post more pictures whenever I feel like doing it. I just don't have the ambition to put more on here right now.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Well it certainly sounds like an adventure filled week! I'm glad you had a good trip!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! I am totally bummed that I couldn't go...