Thursday, June 22, 2006

Movies....I like movies....

Before I talk about my latest movie experience, let me give you a little deal on it from a show on Comedy Central called The Colbert Report:

"The latest live-action Disney film, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, is intended to be a metaphor of the Crucifixion, with Jesus being played by a lion named Aslan. Now, if this film is intended to be about Jesus, I don't agree on the current title. Can we get that up on the screen?

The Chronicles of Narnia:
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Thank you. So first of all, 'the lion' is actually portraying Jesus, so let's fix that.
The Chronicles of Narnia:
The Jesus, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Great start. Now what else can we do? Well, I don't think Satan quite qualifies as a 'witch'. But close. Drop that.
The Chronicles of Narnia:
The Jesus and the Wardrobe
And I'm sure there weren't 'wardrobes' back in the day of JC.
The Chronicles of Narnia:
The Jesus
What's with all this 'Narnia' jazz?
The Jesus
Good, good. Another word for Jesus is Christ, right?
The Christ
Hmm. Not quite. Christ had some sort of mission in life. Can we fit that in there?
The Passion of the Christ
Perfect! There you have it, folks! The greatest film about Jesus in the history of mankind!"


And now onto what I thought of the movie.

When I first saw the previews, I remembered I had the book. I also remembered the fact that I never really enjoyed the book. I read it again anyway, and I actually liked it. So tonight, I figured I'd finally watch the movie. I wasn't expecting much out of it since I didn't like the book originally. Yet again, I'm wrong about what I'll think of a movie. I loved it. Not even sure what to say was the best part. As for effects, I found the flaming arrow turning into a bird was pretty sweet. All-around amazing movie. I loved the metaphor for the Crucifixion, and I even found myself anticipating the next event (especially the Ressurection).


I've decided to end my "number of the day" and switch to "random quote" and use Spanglish.

Random quote del día: "Question? Question?....No question?....Question?....No?....Ok...." -- from Corky Romano

2 comments:

Janet said...

It is a great movie! My church did a 4 week series about it, so that was great! They really pulled out some great stuff from it. Gotta love C.S. Lewis!

j said...

Baron - rent Jesus of Nazareth sometime. Long, but worth it!