Monday, June 26, 2006

Grrness....

Just a little bit ago, I heard a knock at the door. I figured it was just someone dropping off a check to pay for gas (my mom's boyfriend works for his dad, who owns the local gas company). Lo and behold, I was wrong. It happened to be a Jehovah's Witness. Of course, she gives me the jazz about it all and hands me a sheet of paper, which I later throw away because I already have a religion. But all this leads up to what I was thinking about while I waited for my mom do get done with her doctor's appointment today in Mankato. What would that be?

Pet peeves....

I don't have a whole lot of pet peeves, but the ones I do have are usually very irritating to me when they come about.

  1. When teachers make you take off the fringes from your papers. If it's something like a rough draft for an essay, then I don't have a huge problem with it. But I don't see why it's a big deal when it's on your math homework or something like that.
  2. World Cup referees. They have extremely easy jobs, but they can never seem to do it quite right. Who honestly gives a red card for a late tackle? NOBODY!
  3. Bi-polar emotions from people without bi-polar disorder. Yes, someone can feel incredibly happy one day and miserable the next, but I find it impossible to make that kind of change within a matter of minutes. Who does this usually occur with? Girls, of course.
  4. Having wet hands after using paper towels to dry them off. How do I fix this? I use the most paper towels out of anyone I know when I'm in public restrooms. In addition to this, I also hate it when public restrooms have no paper towels. I can't get my hands dry enough with a blow dryer alone. It just doesn't work that way.
  5. This is probably my favorite one. When my shoes are untied and the laces get wet and dirty from the ground. I can't even begin to explain how irritating this is to me. Because then I feel compelled to tie them which makes my hands gross, which in turn makes my clothes gross because that's the only place to wipe my hands. Tying the shoes also makes the shoes themselves gross sometimes.

Random quote del día: What I thought about saying to the Jehovah's Witness after she asked what my brother's cat's name was -- "He doesn't have one. He's mentally challenged."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

a.) guys can also be bi-polar thank you very much...

89.) cracking fingers beats all of those....

-n^4.) but the whole shoelace thing is a close one.